1st & Main Sts., Carrollton, KY
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.68201, -85.1869138°40'55" N, 85°11'13" W
"Blockhouse built here, 1789, by General Charles Scott for protection of settlers against Indians who had massacred and driven off earlier families. Scott came from Virginia, 1785. He was in the French and Indian Wars. Organized first company south of James River in the Revolution. Indian fighter, in Battle of Fallen Timbers, 1794. Gov. of Kentucky, 1808-12."
- June 28, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger