Paramount Knitting Company Mill

Also known as: Weyenberg Shoe Company
222 Madison Street, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

Industrial building, once powered by the Beaver Dam River, converted to apartments

Photos 

Overview Looking Southwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The red brick building is on the south shore of the Beaver Dam River, which once provided power for knitting machines. The textile mile was converted to knit hoisery, until 1934. The city acquired the building and convinced the Weyenberg Shoe Company to manufacture shoes in the building. Weyenberg left the building in 2005.

Update Log 

  • April 18, 2015: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Status and Added Photos
  • July 13, 2011: Added by J.R. Manning

Sources 

  • J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com