The Masterson House
Highland Avenue, (US 42), Carrollton, KY
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.68769, -85.1511638°41'16" N, 85°09'04" W
"Oldest brick house still standing in county, this was home of Richard and Sarah Masterson. Bricks laid in Flemish bond. House was center of town's activities. Mastersons, leading Methodists, opened their home for services before church erected in 1810. Masterson was among early trustees of Port William, now Carrollton, which was incorporated in 1794. See over.
(Reverse) The Masterson House - First court of Gallatin County held here May 14, 1799. Bishop Francis Asbury visited "Widow Masterson" in 1808. Sarah and Richard Masterson are buried in the family cemetery nearby. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 1975. It was restored by the Port William Historical Society, 1979-1980. Over."
- September 17, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger