Simon Kenton's Station
KY 9/10/AA Highway, Maysville, KY
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.63642, -83.8025838°38'11" N, 83°48'09" W
Quadrangle map:Maysville West
"About 1/2 mile west is site of camp made by Simon Kenton and Thomas Williams in the spring of 1775. They left this camp in the fall and visited stations in area. Kenton returned to camp in 1784, and brought with him a group of his family and friends. During 1784 and 1785, they fortified the station, which became a major stronghold north of Kentucky River."
- January 18, 2018: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- October 27, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger