Antioch Water Tower
At the Corner of Orchard Street and Toft Avenue, Antioch Il
A demolished water tower that supplied downtown Antioch, Il with water for sanitary systems.
+42.47852, -88.0976942°28'43" N, 88°05'52" W
The Antioc Water Tower was an important part of Antioch. It was built in 1957 to replace the old stand pipe. It held 50 Thousand gallons of water and the tornado siren, communication antennas, and fire fighter call alarm were mounted on it. In 2005, the tower becan to leak. It was fixed, but in 2008 it returned. It was decided to demolish the historic structure. Demolition began in early summer 2009. The large letter "A" that was painted on it was saved and is displayed in the City Hall.
- November 4, 2011: Added by Nick Brnot