A Historic marker on the east side of US Hwy 51
Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn
+30.87303, -90.5116730°52'23" N, 90°30'42" W
Erected by Louisiana Dept. of Culture, Recreation and Tourism.
Area settled in early 1800s. New Orleans, Jackson & Great Northern Railroad built station here c. 1853. One square mile town formed around it in 1866. Included part of former Confederate Camp Moore. Town named for Indian tribe.
- August 27, 2018: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- November 26, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn
- Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com