300 N. Capitol, Corydon, IN
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.21182, -86.1262938°12'43" N, 86°07'35" W
Quadrangle map:Corydon West
"Organized 1808 from parts of Knox and Clark Counties. Named in honor of William Henry Harrison who owned land within the County and was Territorial Governor and later ninth President of U.S. Fourth county formed in Indiana Territory. Original Harrison County comprised a large area and parts went to form Washington, Perry, Orange, Crawford, and Floyd Counties. Two buildings have served as county courthouses - the original State Capitol and the present courthouse erected 1929. County records date from 1808."
- December 4, 2011: Added by Bill Eichelberger