Seminary Square History Marker

S College St

A Mississippi Historic Marker in Brandon, MS

Photo 

Seminary Square

Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn

Map 

Description 

Seminary Square When Brandon was organized in 1828, part of the town, known as "Seminary Square" was set aside for educational purposes. The first scholl established here was in 1829. The Brandon Male and Female Academy, later named Brandon Female College, was on this site until 1923, when it was replaced by Brandon High School.

Update Log 

  • December 18, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn

Sources 

  • Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com