Anshe Chesed Congregation

A Mississippi History Marker near the Vicksburg National Military Park

Photos 

Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Anshe Chesed Congregation Meaning "Men of Kindness," the Anshe Chesed Congregation was organized in 1841 and formally chartered by the State of Mississippi in 1862. It was a founfing member of the Union of American Hebrew Congregations in 1874. Anshe Chesed is the second oldest Reform Jewish congregation in Mississippi.

Update Log 

  • March 30, 2021: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • December 22, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn

Related landmarks 

Sources 

  • Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com
  • Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com