Hwy 45 @ Hwy 50
A Mississippi History Marker N of Columbus, MS on Hwy 45
Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn
+33.56340, -88.4328733°33'48" N, 88°25'58" W
Quadrangle map:Columbus North
W. 5 mi. Built in 1852 by Col. Geo. H. Young, who used own plant for gas lighting. In Civil War housed refugee girls from Memphis & New Orleans, Site of organization of National Fox Hunters Association.
- December 30, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn
- Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com