South Central Bell 1881 - 1981

Grove St

A Mississippi History Marker at the Old Warren County Courthouse

Photo 

South Central Bell

Photo taken by Jeff Lovorn

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The first telephone exchange in Mississippi was installed in Vicksburg, January 10, 1881, at 102 1/2 North Washington Street, by the Louisiana Telephone Company, a predecessor of South Central Bell.

Update Log 

  • December 31, 2011: Added by Jeff Lovorn

Sources 

  • Jeff Lovorn - jlovo [at] aol [dot] com