Courthouse lawn, Flemingsburg, KY
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.42293, -83.7328538°25'23" N, 83°43'58" W
"Kentucky's 26th, was taken out of Mason, 1798. Named for Col. John Fleming who came to area to mark, improve land, 1776. Officer in Rev. War. Built Fleming's Station, second in county, 1788. Closely associated with other pioneers, John Finley, Michael Cassidy, and George Stockton, his halfbrother, who owned the land and who laid out and named Flemingsburg, 1796."
- July 24, 2012: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
- July 23, 2012: Added by Bill Eichelberger