Philip Buckner (1747-1820)
Appelman Park, Augusta, KY
Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger
+38.77303, -84.0089338°46'23" N, 84°00'32" W
"Captain Philip Buckner, an Englishman, was a Revolutionary War veteran. He came to Va., served adopted colony as issuing commissary, received extensive land grants, then settled here. In 1797, he donated this lot for Augusta Public Square as part of land for town. It became the site of the courthouse until it burned, 1848; pioneer jail still standing."
- July 23, 2018: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- July 24, 2012: Added by Bill Eichelberger