New Chapel Methodist Church
5613 New Chapel Rd. Utica, Indiana
Methodist Church built in 1883
+38.35408, -85.6905638°21'15" N, 85°41'26" W
The church has been altered by a north addition and an enclosed bell tower. The addition was added in 1954. The addition has was remodeled in 1998 but the interior of the church appears to be unaltered. The ornate pulpit furniture in the church was purchased from Trinity Methodist Church in New Albany in 1958. The congregation was founded in 1802 in Utica. The current building is the third church building at this location and the fourth for the congregation. The church moved from the east end of the cemetery to its present location because it had more room to hitch horses. The new building cost a total of $4,865. The stained glass windows were added in 1947.
- September 25, 2012: Added by J.P.