New Albany School # 2
from 265 take Charlestown Road to the north thru commercial district. Located at the corner of Charlestown Road and Chapel Lane.
Old School built in 1915
+38.35777, -85.7863038°21'28" N, 85°47'11" W
Quadrangle map:New Albany
2 keystones on facade of the building above doors, 1 reads "No. 2" and the other "1915". Also a central keystone between doorways that is not totally readable that lists the 1915 Trustees, last line reads "total cost of building as $7,000"
best example of Craftsman architecture in township. Also a significant example of a township school - only one in the township
- September 25, 2012: Added by J.P.