Milwaukee Road Caboose #992205
800 Wisconsin Ave., Boscobel, WI
Steel caboose built for the CMSt.P&P by Thrall Car Manufacturing Company in 1956
The caboose was built by Thrall Car Manufacturing Company in December 1956.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in October 2012
+43.13600, -90.7066043°08'10" N, 90°42'24" W
The Milwaukee Road built 315 caboose in the railroad's Milwaukee shops between 1936 and 1951. After that, the railroad contracted with Thrall Car Manufacturing Company to build their caboose. The Milwaukee Road shop's cars are easily identifiable by their rib design while the Thrall cars, like this example, are constructed of a more conventional riveted design.
As a part of the Boscobel Depot Museum, the caboose may be open during regular business hours.
- October 8, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net