Milwaukee Road Caboose #992186
2815 Wisconsin St Sturtevant, Wisconsin
A Thrall Rail Car caboose built for the Milwaukee Road
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in November 2012
+42.70108, -87.9045342°42'04" N, 87°54'16" W
The Milwaukee Road shops built 315 "rib-sided" design caboose between 1939 and 1951. After 1951, the Milwaukee Road contracted with Thrall Car Manufacturing Company to build caboose for the railroad. The so-called Thrall cars, of which this is one, are of a more traditional riveted steel construction.
It is part of Sturtevant Rails, an outdoor museum of rail memorabilia, cars, signals and maintenance vehicles. Sturtevant has a long heritage of connection to the railroads, in fact, the town was first known as Western Union Junction.
- November 11, 2012: New Street View added by Andrew Wood
- November 8, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Andrew Wood