Home of the Wintu People for more than 6,000 years.
Periods of significance: 1825 - 1875
Historic function: Domestic, Funerary, Transportation
Current function: Agriculture/Subsistence, Landscape
Privately owned?: no
This area was the home of the Wintu People for more than 6,000 years. The discovery of gold in Clear Creek during the early 1850s led to more development in the area. The story od development is told through the lives of two men, Charles Camden and Levi Tower, who were friends, partners and then brothers by marriage.
The District was placed on the National Register on July 2, 1973 and includes the Camden Home and Carriage House, the Tower Grave Site, the Tenant Farmhouse, and the El Dorado Mine.
Coordinates for this waymark are at the trailhead for the District and information comes from signs in the District.