Also known as: The Paris36 W 4th Street, Dubuque, Iowa
Downtown Dubuque hotel, built in 1890, partially destroyed by fire in 1946 and still in operation
That's US 151/61 next to the hotel.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2012
+42.49787, -90.6636942°29'52" N, 90°39'49" W
Quadrangle map:Dubuque South
The Hotel Canfield was built in 1890 and operated initially as the Paris House. It was expanded in 1927 using modern materials, allowing the owners to advertise the hotel as "fireproof."
In 1946, the original part of the hotel was destroyed by fire, only the "fireproof" part of the structure survived, which operates as the Canfield Hotel to this day.
A beautiful neon sign adorns the front of the building.
- January 30, 2013: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com