This is a two-story tan brick building located at 636 Massachusetts in Lawrence, Ks.
"(c. 1912) Key Contributing Although a simple two-part commercial block building, it takes design cues from the adjoining building to the south (the Bowersock Opera House), and has an intact storefront as well. The storefront has a recessed central entry flanked by display windows with stone bulkheads. The entry retains its tile floor with "Kaw Valley Line." The Luxfor prism glass transoms above have a cloth roller awning. There is a recessed secondary entry on the north leading to the second story. The tan brick second story has two fixed sash windows set within recessed openings with stone lugsills and lintels. Above each window is a recessed rectangular brick panel, topped with a projecting cornices of corbelled brick brackets."