Also known as: National Historic Cheesemaking Center, Green County Welcome Center2108 6th Avenue, Monroe Wisconsin 53566
Relocated Milwaukee Road Depot serving as the welcome center and a museum
Photo taken by J.R. Manning April 2013
+42.59164, -89.6514442°35'30" N, 89°39'05" W
The Green County Welcome center serves many purposes. Located in the former Milwaukee Road Depot, the structure also houses the National Historic Cheesemaking Museum and the Milk House Gift Shop.
Built in 1888, the railroad depot was moved to its present location in 1993. The building was restored by members and friends of the organization and dubbed the "Monroe Depot."
Next to the Welcome Center is a stuffed and mounted Milwaukee Road caboose #992094.
- April 1, 2013: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com