Bete Grise Light Station

Also known as: Mendota Lighthouse

Photos 

Photo taken by Steve Conro in July 2009

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

In 1895, the present structure was built to replace the original wooden tower. The T-shaped brick dwelling with attached square yellow brick tower has been privately owned since 1960. No light appears in the 10-sided lantern room. The building has been carefully restored by the present owners.

Update Log 

  • April 28, 2013: Added by Steve Conro

Sources