Milwaukee Road Caboose #992134
404 Superior Street, Antigo, Wisconsin
A Thrall Rail Car caboose built for the Milwaukee Road, sold to Wisconsin Central, now in C&NW Livery
Overview Looking Southwest
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2013
+45.13830, -89.1529145°08'18" N, 89°09'10" W
The Milwaukee Road shops built 315 "rib-sided" design caboose between 1939 and 1951. After 1951, the Milwaukee Road contracted with Thrall Car Manufacturing Company to build caboose for the railroad. The so-called Thrall cars, of which this is one, are of a more traditional riveted steel construction.
The history of this car appears to include a stint with the Wisconsin Central after the collapse of the Milwaukee Road. Today, it is "stuffed and mounted" in Antigo, wearing Chicago & Northwestern livery, as part of a railroad display.
- September 20, 2013: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com