Meeting hall for Civil WarBuilt 1900; Renovated 2013
+42.03387, -91.5983842°02'02" N, 91°35'54" W
Women's Relief Corps raised the funds and completed this building in 1900. It was used by veterans groups, including the GAR, into the 1950's. The upper floor included a "lodge-hall, kitchen and parlor." The lower floor was rented out to provide income for maintaining the building. The old photo shows CW Veterans in the Hall in 1934 - their names are shown below the photo. The upper floor has not been occupied in recent years but the current owner is interested in restoring it to its original appearance. The building is located in the Marion business district at 760 11th Street.
- September 23, 2013: Added by Dave King