Forsyth Park Fountain
SW of corner of Gaston Street and Bull Street, Savannah, GA
Fountain in Savannah, GA
+32.06923, -81.0955932°04'09" N, 81°05'44" W
Built in 1858, it is reminiscent of fountains in the Place de la Concorde in Paris and in Cuzco, Peru. At this time, Parisian urban planning was centered on the development of residential neighborhoods radiating out from a central green space. The Parisian model of developing large city parks was emulated by large cities in the United States, with even smaller cities, such as Savannah, asserting their own cosmopolitan image.
Every St.Patricks Day the fountain is ceremoniously turned green in celebration of Savannah's deep Irish heritage.
The fountain and many other aspects of Savannah are clearly visible in the 1962 version of Cape Fear. - Wikipedia
- June 2, 2015: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- July 16, 2014: New photos from Michael Miller
- October 29, 2013: Added by Michael Miller
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com