Main Street and Catawba Avenue, Old Fort, NC
Monument commemorating peace between the indigenous tribes and early American pioneers of Western North Carolina
+35.62902, -82.1814635°37'44" N, 82°10'53" W
Quadrangle map:Old Fort
The monument is approximately 30-foot-tall (9.1 m) and hand-chiseled from granite. The landmark was unveiled on July 27, 1930, by Marie Nesbitt as a symbol of the peace achieved in an earlier century between pioneers and Native Americans.
- November 7, 2013: Added by Michael Miller
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com