Cushnoc Archeological Site
Adjacent to Fort Western, Augusta, Maine
+44.31549, -69.7710644°18'56" N, 69°46'16" W
Site of an ancient Indian village first visited by Pilgrims of Plymouth in 1625, who later established Cushnoc Trading Post, 1628-1661, John Howland in command, 1634. Many Augusta, Maine deeds trace back to the original Pilgrim claims.
- July 26, 2014: Updated by Brian Bartlett: Added description
- December 17, 2013: Added by Brian Bartlett