American Woolen Company Foxcroft Mill

Also known as: Mayo & Son Mill
East Main St., Dover-Foxcroft, Maine



Street View 


The American Woolen Company Foxcroft Mill, located on the west side of the Piscataquis River in downtown Dover-Foxcroft, Maine, is comprised of seven buildings and three structures that represent several types, styles, and methods of construction used for mill buildings in Maine between the 1840’s and 1940. They include an exceptionally well preserved wood-framed mill building, built in 1883, and one of Maine’s earliest reinforced concrete mill buildings, built in 1908. Originally called the Mayo & Son Mill, the complex achieved its full developed state with the construction of the shipping building under the ownership of the American Woolen Company in 1941.

Update Log 

  • December 5, 2014: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett
  • December 22, 2013: Photo imported by Brian Bartlett
  • December 17, 2013: Added by Brian Bartlett