Conestee Mill

1 Spanco Drive, Conestee, SC


Conestee Mill

Photo taken by Michael Miller in June 2020



Street View 


Conestee Mill is a historic mill in the unincorporated community of Conestee, in Greenville County, South Carolina. Grist mills and saw mills operated on the site as early as the 1790s. Vardry McBee, the "Father of Greenville," purchased the surrounding land in the 1830s, and as "McBee Factory," its mills produced both paper and woolen and cotton textiles. After 1875, the mill was known as Reedy River Factory until being rechartered as Conestee Mill in 1909.

The mill, as well as its dam and lake, were included on the National Register of Historic Places on March 2, 2014. The dam and lake are owned by the Conestee Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, which seeks to preserve the property as a nature park and wildlife sanctuary. - Wikipedia

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 2, 2014.


19th Century (37,764)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1876 (379)
Built during 1870s (5,012)
Factory (187)
Greenville County, South Carolina (115)
Have Street View (46,110)
Mill (795)
South Carolina (2,153)

Update Log 

  • July 17, 2020: New photo from Michael Miller
  • September 10, 2014: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • August 26, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added tags
  • August 21, 2014: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Year Built" & "NRHP Record Number" and Imported Photo
  • August 21, 2014: Photo imported by Michael Miller
  • April 3, 2014: Added by Michael Miller