601 S. 5th Street, Easley, SC
+34.82408, -82.6077334°49'27" N, 82°36'28" W
Easley Mill, built in 1899-1901, is eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion A in the Area of Significance for Industry at the local level of significance, for its association with the establishment and development of the textile industry in Easley, Pickens County, and the South Carolina Piedmont during the first half of the twentieth century. The ending period of significance is 1948, when the mill was purchased by Woodside Mills of Greenville, SC. Easley Mill is also an intact example of cotton mill engineering and design at the beginning of the great boom period in the Southern textile industry, from 1890 to 1920, and as one of the notable early South Carolina designs of the firm Lockwood Greene and Company of Boston. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 10/23/2013. - National Register Database
- August 21, 2014: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Description" & "Street View"
- August 13, 2014: New photo from Michael Miller
- April 7, 2014: Added by Michael Miller