Chapel Hill Church Tabernacle

Also known as: Chapel Hill Methodist Arbor
1457 Chapel Hill Church Rd., Denton

Map 

Description 

The Chapel Hill Church Tabernacle is a one-story, heavy-timber, open-framework building, open on three sides, with a concrete floor and a gable-on-hip roof. It was originally used for the religious services at the annual camp meetings held at Chapel Hill Church and is still used for that purpose at the revivals held every September. The tabernacle was initially constructed in 1870 and was enlarged in the mid-1920s, continuing the traditional form of this building type.

Update Log 

  • April 14, 2014: Added by Michael Miller

Sources 

  • Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com