Washington County Memorial Hospital
412 S.E. Frank Phillips Blvd., Bartlesville, Oklahoma
+36.75072, -95.9731036°45'03" N, 95°58'23" W
Quadrangle map:Bartlesville North
The Washington County Memorial Hospital (WCMH) is locally significant under criterion A in the area of Health and Medicine. The 1922 hospital was funded by a city bond in 1920 as a tribute to the veterans who served in WWI. It was enlarged in 1941 and 1948 to serve the community and county's increasing demand for medical services. The period of significance is from the construction date, 1922 to 1952, when WCMH medical services and the facility's assets were transferred to the private Jane Phillips Episcopal Medical Center. Jane Phillips Hospital leased the WCMH in 1969 for a period of 25-years at $25/year with a lease option to renew. Both hospitals retained their names, but WCMH ceased to be managed by the county and became managed by a private institution. The Washington County Memorial Hospital, however, served the county for thirty years as the county's only hospital from 1922 to 1952, providing services and medical assistance to the community and surrounding area.
Posted to the NRHP 3-11-2014
- August 26, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Imported photo, added description, date built, link & tags
- April 14, 2014: Added by Rick Mattioni