William F. Luick House

2601 N. Wahl Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Tudor style "cottage" on Wahl Avenue

Photos 

Overview

Note the stone wall. It is a dry wall, that is, no mortar was used in the construction.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in May 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

William F, Luick founded the Luick Ice Cream Co. in 1897, the first dairy to make ice cream in brick form by mechanical means. This tudor design borrowed from cottages in the Cottswald region of England. The stone wall is dry, no mortar was used in its construction. It may be the only one in the city, if not, it is certainly the finest example of such construction in the area.

Update Log 

  • May 19, 2014: Added by J.R. Manning

Related landmarks 

Sources