Milwaukee Road Caboose #992172

Also known as: Gep's Caboose Park
1101 First Avenue, Perry, Iowa

Steel caboose built for the CMSt.P&P (The Milwaukee Road) on display and functioning as a snack shop

Photos 

Overview Looking Southwest

It's still Milwaukee Road Orange on the sides. :)

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in May 2014

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The Milwaukee Road shops built 315 "rib-sided" design caboose between 1939 and 1951. After 1951, the Milwaukee Road contracted with Thrall Car Manufacturing Company to build caboose for the railroad. The so-called Thrall cars are of a more traditional riveted steel construction.

Update Log 

  • April 27, 2017: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
  • May 31, 2014: Added by J.R. Manning

Sources 

  • J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
  • Bill Eichelberger - wallyum [at] hotmail [dot] com