Arkansas Christian College Administration Building
100 West Harding Street, Morrilton, Arkansas
+35.16317, -92.7431435°09'47" N, 92°44'35" W
The Arkansas Christian College Administration Building is being nominated to the National Register of Historic Places with local significance under Criterion A for its associations with higher education in Morrilton and Conway County. Founded in 1919, Arkansas Christian College was the second college established in Morrilton and was an important component of the education system in Conway County in the first part of the twentieth century. Arkansas Christian College merged with Harper College in 1924 to become Harding College, and it remained in Morrilton until1934 when Harding College moved to Searcy, Arkansas. Today, the Administration Building is the last and most intact remnant of the college and an important reminder of the college's role in Conway County education. Since the building is owned by Southern Christian Home, a mission of the churches of Christ, the building is also being nominated under Criteria Consideration A as a property owned by a religious institution.
Posted to the NRHP 1-22-2014
- August 15, 2014: Added by Dave King