Henry Glassaway Davis House
Also known as: Knights of Pythias Lafayette Lodge Number 3 and Calanthe Temple #8 Pythian Sisters15-17 Jones St., Piedmont, WV
+39.48197, -79.0489039°28'55" N, 79°02'56" W
Henry Gassaway Davis House, also known as the Knights of Pythias Lafayette Lodge Number 3 and Calanthe Temple #8 Pythian Sisters, is a historic home located at Piedmont, Mineral County, West Virginia. It was built in 1871, for U.S. Senator and Vice Presidential nominee Henry G. Davis (1823-1916). It is a three bay, four story Second Empire style brick duplex. It has a simple mansard roof and 12 gabled pedimented dormer windows on the concave slopes. The front fašade features dual stone and slate stairs, ascending to two centered paired six by nine foot framed one-story entry porches.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008. - Wikipedia
- January 7, 2015: Added by Michael Miller