Robinson Building No. 1
Also known as: Torrey Jewelry Company,37 Union Street, Attleboro, Massachusetts
Photo taken by Marc Belanger in March 2009
+41.94327, -71.2822041°56'36" N, 71°16'56" W
The 5-story Robinson Building, built in 1875, was one of the few buildings in this area of downtown Attleboro to survive the great fire of 1898. It is really a group of four attached buildings; the structures fronting Union Street and the railroad tracks dating from 1875 and the connector building joining them constructed in 1945. In 1899 the Robinson Bldg. was occupied by prominent manufacturing firms such as Torrey Jewelry Co., W. H. Herring & Co., F. H. Sadler & Co., and Smith & Crosby. It is one of the oldest jewelry factories in downtown Attleboro.
- January 14, 2017: New Street View added by Brian Bartlett
- March 21, 2015: Added by Marc Belanger