Jonathan Young Windmill

Orleans, Massachusetts

Photos 

Photo taken by Marc Belanger in April 2010

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The windmill is believed to have been built in 1720 in South Orleans. The mill was moved in 1839 to the hill overlooking the Town Cove. In 1897 it was moved to Hyannisport. The mill operated and stayed in Hyannisport until 1983. The mill was dismantled piece by piece, restored and rebuilt in its present location by the the Orleans Historical Society. It is located in Town Cove Park.

Update Log 

  • March 28, 2015: Added by Marc Belanger

Sources 

  • Marc Belanger