Humphrey-Williams Plantation

West of Lumberton on NC 211, between SR 1001 and SR 1769, Lumberton, NC

Map 

Street View 

Description 

The main house, on a 9-acre (3.6 ha) property, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, as Humphrey-Williams House. The larger plantation, including 5 contributing buildings and 1 additional contributing site on a 566.6-acre (229.3 ha) property, was re-listed in a boundary increase listing in 1988.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 16, 1988
Reference number
88002608
NR name
Humphrey--Williams Plantation (Boundary Increase)
Architectural styles
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival; Other architectural type; Vernacular Greek Revival
Areas of significance
Architecture; Agriculture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Department store; Processing; Post office; Single dwelling; Agricultural outbuildings; Secondary structure
Current functions
Single dwelling; Processing; Secondary structure; Agricultural outbuildings
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1800-1824; 1750-1799; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant years
1784; 1846; 1856
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 5
Contributing sites: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 3

Update Log 

  • June 17, 2015: Added by Michael Miller

Related landmarks 

Sources