Park built by the CCC around Strong Falls on the Peshitigo River
GOODMAN PARK CONSTRUCTED BY C.C.C.
The Dunbar C.C.C. built the large log shelter with a fireplace in both ends and the shelter house for small groups of people. The caretakers cabin, garage and workshop also were built. As well as fireplaces, the entire area was landscaped and other facilities required for the park area were constructed. The work was done in 1936, 37, 38.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2015
"Goodman Park is situated on one of the most beautiful spots of the Peshtigo River at Strong Falls. It was acquired by Marinette County on a land exchange with the Goodman Lumber Company.
"The Dunbar CCC boys built a large log shelter with a fireplace in both ends, and a shelter house for small groups of people. A caretakerís cabin, garage and workshop also were built. The entire area was landscaped, and other facilities required for a park area were constructed.
"Each year the park is visited by thousands of people, ranging from those who use the buildings to those fishing and hunting in the surrounding area to those who limit their activities to a simple picnic in the midst of beautiful scenery."
From the Marinette County Website, used here under the Fair Use provision of the US Copyright law for educational purposes. © Marinette County