Tate Depot

S. Railroad Street & GA 53, Tate, Geogia

Photo 

Photo taken by pam phillips in September 2015

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

n April 2015, Tate's historic L&N depot was moved across Highway 53 to a new site that places it a bit farther away from the tracks and the road. The measure improves safety at the busy intersection while preserving the building for future use.

Constructed in 1916, the depot served L&N's Old Line, also known as the Hook & Eye Line, for decades. It is similar in design to the depots at Blue Ridge, Chatsworth, Holly Springs, Jasper, Ellijay, and Woodstock.

Update Log 

  • August 3, 2017: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "GPS Coordinates" & "Address" and Added "Street View"
  • August 3, 2017: New Street View added by Michael Miller
  • September 27, 2015: Added by pam phillips

Sources 

  • pam phillips
  • Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com