Castle Car Wash
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2016
+41.85247, -87.7201241°51'09" N, 87°43'12" W
Castle Car Wash was built in 1925 and is the last remaining historic gas station structure on Route 66 (Ogden Avenue) in the city limits. Chicago was the eastern terminus of Route 66. Originally Murphy's Filling Station, the building stopped functioning as a filling station in 1966 and later became a car wash.
Taken from Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois
- June 14, 2017: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added Route 66 tag
- June 9, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- February 25, 2016: Added by Steve Conro