Hutchinson House Museum
921 S Main St, Waupaca, WI
New England style farmhouse moved to South Park in 1956
Overview Looking Southwest
The house is the focal point of a very large, municipal park. It was moved to this location in 1956 from downtown Waupaca. It opened as a museum in 1957 with displays of 19th Century Central Wisconsin Life.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2016
+44.34896, -89.0857144°20'56" N, 89°05'09" W
"The Hutchinson House, built in 1854 in Waupaca, is a well-preserved example of New-England-style architecture. The one-and-half story farmhouse was originally built on the corner of West Fulton and Franklin Streets by Chester and Susannah Hutchinson. The home was moved to South Park in 1956. The Hutchinson House is filled with vintage furniture and artifacts from the Victorian era. The Waupaca Historical Society opened the home as a Museum in 1957.
"Tours of the Hutchinson House Museum take visitors into the Victorian home and its impressive display of household furnishings, clothing, glassware and textiles, with many of the artifacts having ties to early settlers of Waupaca County. The Hutchinson House welcomes visitors of all ages. Children ages 5 to 12 have the option to participate in activities such as a photo scavenger hunt for artifacts and/or making button spinner toys."
From the Waupaca Historical Society website, link below.
- July 31, 2016: Added by J.R. Manning