Lockridge Medical Clinic
341 Central Avenue, Whitefish, Montana
Building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
+48.40909, -114.3363448°24'33" N, 114°20'11" W
Not much has been written about this building. The NPS has not scanned the original application. According to some sources, Wright designed the building in 1958. This was very near to the end of his life. (Wright's last commission is considered to be the 1959 Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.) Construction of the building began in 1961, it opened as a clinic in 1963 but was used as such for only one year.
The building has been a bank and a law firm, and was recently purchased by a developer who planned to demolish the structure. Word spread that a Wright building was in danger of demolition and plans changed. The building (as of this writing) is for sale.
- January 30, 2018: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Building was demolished on January 11, 2018
- November 20, 2016: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- November 18, 2016: Added by J.R. Manning
Lockridge Medical Clinic - Demolished on Jan 11, 2018