Sandy Hook Diner

98 Church Hill Road, Sandy Hook

Classic barrel-roofed diner of the 1920's

Photos 

CT DR 14 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in August 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

While the Sandy Hook Diner has been in operation since 1935, the counter section is older, and Richard Gutman, diner guru, claims it is an O'Mahony Diner from the 1920's. According to the staff, this section of the diner was moved to Sandy Hook in 1955. A local favorite, it is open every day for breakfast and lunch.

Update Log 

  • August 23, 2017: Added by Chester Gehman

Sources 

  • Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com