Old Stone House
Routes 8 and 173 Slippery Rock, PA
Pioneer wayside inn
Photo taken by Brian Manville on October 2, 2017
+41.01159, -80.0022741°00'42" N, 80°00'08" W
The Stone House was built in 1822 by John Brown as a stagecoach stop and tavern to accommodate business from the newly-constructed Pittsburgh to Erie Pike, a busy highway that carried traffic northward from the forks of the Ohio River.
- October 2, 2017: Added by Brian Manville