757 N. 27th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Movie palace that operated from 1926 to 1975
Overview Looking Northwest
The theater operated from 1926 into the 1970s. With declining patronage, the theater was reduced to showing XXX films, the last gasp for many neighborhood theaters. It closed in 1975.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning February 2018
The Tower Theater in the SOHI District
+43.03991, -87.9480143°02'24" N, 87°56'53" W
- October 16, 2017: Added by Michael Miller
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- NRHP Nomination - 27th and Wells Streets Commercial Historic District
- Cinema Treasures - Tower Theater page from Cinema Treasures, including a comprehensive description of the theater then and now.
- On Milwaukee Dot Com - Tower Theater episode of an ongoing series of articles about Milwaukee landmarks
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net