Westervelt-Demarest House

725 Hillsdale Ave, Hillsdale, NJ

Photos 

Photo taken by melps213 in October 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

About 1756 Peter Westervelt built a small house, enlarged in 1785, on land of his wife Catlyntje Haring. During the Revolutionary War the farm was raided. Later it was owned by son Henry and his son Aaron, a Freeholder and State Assemblyman. Purchased in 1860, he built the addition in Italianate style of the north side of the old house. Alterations were made over the years. A later owner was William W. Livengood, Mayor of Hillsdale in 1930.

Update Log 

  • November 5, 2017: Added by melps213

Sources 

  • melps213