Peter A. Blauvelt House
234 Tappan Road, Norwood NJ
Photo taken by melps213 in September 2017
+40.99786, -73.9618540°59'52" N, 73°57'43" W
Built about 1890 in the High Victorian style of architecture when Norwood was part of old Harrington Township. Blauvelt was an undertaker and erected the building as a residence. In 1922 it became the home of Charles S. Gray who served as Mayor of Norwood for two terms. Purchased in 1946 by Walter H. and Alice H. Jones who restored the house and grounds. Mr. Jones was a New Jersey State Assemblyman and Senator.
- November 5, 2017: Added by melps213