Site of the Myers-Bogert Grist Mill

Demolished
Marker is at the intersection of Harriot Avenue and Bogerts Mill Road, on the left when traveling east on Harriot Avenue.

Photos 

Photo taken by melps213 in October 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

Abraham Myers established a grist mill at this site on the Hackensack River prior to 1765. Inherited by son John who operated the mill until his death in 1829, it was continued by his son-in-law James Bogert. Long known as “Bogert’s Mill”, it remained in the family for three generations until 1922. The building was demolished in 1932 and was the last water-powdered mill to grind grain in the area.

Update Log 

  • November 5, 2017: Added by melps213

Sources 

  • melps213